El Zócalo seek to empower immigrants to utilize and develop the skills and strengths necessary to navigate difficult situations. We take an integrated approach that recognizes the importance of an in-depth understanding of the people we help.
Past El Zócalo newsletters are available here.
What We Do:
- Serve: provide basic needs assistance to low income families
- Educate the immigrant community, teaching language and life skills
- Connect through our comprehensive support network of non-profits, faith bodies and service providers
- Engage non-immigrant populations via education, outreach, and volunteer opportunities.
- Participate in regional and national coalitions dedicated to social justice.
How We Started:
El Zócalo was founded in September 2011 by a small group of volunteers who were active in established community organizations. We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.