El Zócalo was founded in September 2011 by a small group of volunteers who were active in established community organizations. We are a 501c3 non-profit organization.
We seek to empower immigrants to utilize and develop the skills and strengths necessary to navigate difficult situations. We take an integrated approach that recognizes the importance of an in-depth understanding of the people we help.
Past El Zócalo newsletters are available here.
What We Do:
- Serve: provide basic needs assistance to low income families
- Educate the immigrant community, teaching pertinent language and life skills
- Connect through our comprehensive support network of non-profits, faith bodies and service providers
- Engage non-immigrant populations via education, outreach, and volunteer opportunities.
- Participate in regional and national coalitions dedicated to social justice.